Conflicts between family members that end up in the Texas Family Court system can quickly become contentious. As a family law attorney, I have seen first-hand how life changes can bring out difficult emotions from people.
My role is to help you and your family arrive at the best possible outcome. That’s why I recommend working with a family law attorney near you that will be accountable for supporting your case, will fight for your rights, and will help you navigate the court system at the local level.
For the past decade, I have helped families in Fort Bend County, Brazoria County, and Harris County. I know the court system in each of these counties, I have worked through many of the post-pandemic challenges associated with virtual hearings, and I’ll provide you with the legal representation you need. This is especially important because of the base fees associated with court proceedings in each of these counties.
Fort Bend County – How I Provide Family Law Services
I provide family law representation to families throughout Fort Bend County. Some cities I serve include, Sugar Land (my primary office location), Richmond, Rosenberg, and Missouri City.
Because my law practice is focused exclusively on family law, I help families with all areas of family law. In Fort Bend County, I will provide you with legal representation for adoption cases, divorce cases, child custody, child support, paternity, grandparents’ rights, protective orders, modifications, and enforcement of orders.
The base filing fees simply to open a case in Fort Bend County breaks down as follows:
- Adoption base fee: $310
- Annulment or divorce with or without children base fee: $310
- Child Custody base fee: $295
- Child Support base fee: $295
- Protective Order base fee: $287
- Termination of Parental Rights fee: $295
- Termination of Paternity fee: $260
- Settling a child support obligation fee: $260
- Motion for modification base fee: $21
- Motion for enforcement of order fee: $21
You want to work with a local family law attorney that can help you file the appropriate paperwork, maximize your expenditure, expedite your case to minimize the amount of additional legal fees and work toward a positive outcome for you and your family.
Brazoria County – How I Provide Family Law Services
In Brazoria County, I provide family law representation in cities that include Pearland, Angleton, Lake Jackson, and Clute.
I can provide you with legal support for a divorce/annulment, adoption of a minor or adult, child custody, enforcement of orders, paternity, child custody, child support, termination of parental rights, adoption, and enforcement of orders.
The current base fees due at the time of filing a new suit in Brazoria County include the following:
- Divorce/annulment base fee: $288
- Adoption of a minor base fee: $272 (increases by $1 for each additional child)
- Adoption of an adult base fee: $272
- Child Custody base fee: $272
- Enforcement of an order base fee: $272
- Paternity case base fee: $272
- Suit affecting parent-child relationship base fee: $272
- Termination of parental rights base fee: $272
- Termination and adoption base fee: $272
- Motion to enforce an order with children involved base fee: $20
- Modification of an existing court decree with children involved: $20
- Writ of withholding earnings for child support base fee: $15
Harris County – How I Provide Family Law Services
In Harris County, I provide family law representation in the Greater Houston area, portions of Missouri City in Harris County, and other parts of Harris County.
I offer legal representation in areas that include a divorce/annulment, child custody, adoptions, protective orders, child support, grandparents’ rights, paternal rights, termination of parental rights, enforcement of orders, and modifications.
The current base fees that are due at the time of filing a new suit in Harris County include the following:
- Divorce/annulment base filing fee without children: $293
- Divorce/annulment base filing fee with children: $320
- Child custody base filing fee: $292
- Adult adoption base fee: $277
- Child support base fee: $292
- Grandparent Access base fee: $292
- Paternity or parentage base fee: $292
- Termination of parental rights base fee: $282
- Protective order base fee: $21
- Motion for enforcement of order with children involved fee: $31
- Modification of an existing order with children involved fee: $31
Contact Blair Parker for Family Law Representation Near You
As mentioned before, the base filing fees are the starting point to open a new case in Fort Bend County, Brazoria County, or Harris County. You want to make sure that your expenditure goes to good use. As a local family law attorney, I will help you every step of the way and fight to protect your rights.
Contact my offices today to get started on your family law case. I can be reached at 281-944-5485 (Sugar Land) or 979-267-7660 (Angleton by appointment) to discuss your case. Find out why it’s best to work with a family law attorney near you!